- 1 Kg durum wheat semolina
- 40-45gr brewer’s yeast
- 50gr extra virgin olive oil
- half a teaspoon of sugar
- 20gr salt
- Melt the yeast in a cup of water, then incorporate some durum wheat flour and the sugar; let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Sift the flour, open it in a fountain shape and add oil, fermented yeast and water as required to obtain a smooth and extensible dough. Add salt at the end.
- Put it into an oiled bowl and protect it with a cloth or a film
- Let it rise for at least 2 hours, until it doubles its volume
- Quickly re-knead it and cut it into 400gr pieces.
- Shape the blocks, sprinkle them with flour, wait for 30 minutes, and then incise some crosses on the surface. Cover again and let them rest for further 60 minutes.
- Preheat the static over at 220 °C and arrange a bowl full of water at the bottom.
- Put it into the oven and bake it for 30-35 minutes (after 15 minutes, eliminate water)
Preparation: 30 minutes
Rising: 4 hours
Baking: 4 hours
Doses for 8 people